Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 guest bath remodel

Unfortunately, I have NO photos of the original bathroom.  I could ask a neighbor for a photo of her guest bath since our houses were built at the same time using the same materials and floor plan.  However, I hesitate in asking her for an ugly "before" photo. 

In words, the original bathroom was narrow and tiny.  The soffits (2!) made it worse.  If guests wanted to shower and change clothes, there was no where to put things.  We won't talk about the towel bar falling off the wall every third time a towel was put on it.....

Another "feature" was that if you were at the front door and looked down the hallway on your right, you could see the toilet through the open bathroom door (and unless occupied, it was always open.)

Now, coming down the hall, this is the view of the new "salle de bain". 

The close up in the mirror shows the bath/shower.  Dang. I should have turned on more lights.


 There, that's a little better.  I LIKE lights!!
And here's one over the shower.  I tell ya, NO MORE SOFFITS!!!


You don't need a picture, but trust me, the tub is deeper now too.  It doesn't have jacuzzi jets but neither do I have to put my feet up on the wall if I want to get my shoulders under the water!  Woohoo!!

No comments: